Is your dog's fur looking a little dull?
Do you see dogs on Instagram with shiny fur and wonder why your dog doesn't look the same?
There are several key ingredients to help your dog achieve their "fur goals".
Shiny coats are a sign of proper maintenance, good nutrition, and even tell you that the dog is healthy inside. And we can all agree that there's nothing more adorable than a happy and healthy pup!
When it comes to proper maintenance, high-quality and non-toxic shampoos and conditioners help keep your dog's coat looking its best. Look for formulations that are:
- Sulfate Free & Paraben Free - Dog shampoos, conditioners and coat sprays do not need to contain harsh ingredients. Naturally nourish your dog's skin and keep their fur looking healthy and shiny with gentle grooming products that are puppy safe too.
- Essential Oils - Certain essential oils, such as tangerine, lavender, peppermint, and lemon oil can also be beneficial for your dog's skin and fur, and provide some aroma-terapeutic benefits. They help to soothe irritation and treat dryness or flaking. 3. Ditch dog products with synthetic fragrances that can be drying and irritating to the nose and eyes. Synthetic fragrances contain phthalates, and are often hidden in the ingredient section as “fragrance” or “parfum”. Instead choose products that are naturally scented with botanicals, natural extracts and essential oils.
In addition to using the right products, it is important to take good care of your dog's fur by feeding them a nutritious diet. This will ensure that their skin and hair stay healthy and strong, which will help them maintain their luscious fur over time. The best foods for a healthy coat and skin are:
- Eggs - Eggs are nutritional powerhouses, containing the most bioavailable protein. They’re like a one ingredient recipe for great skin and coats.
- Fish - Fish contain healthy fats, like omega-3s that help maintain the skin's barrier function and keep it from being dry.
- Nuts & Seeds - Nuts and seeds are packed with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and essential fatty acids that help your dog's coat stay soft and shiny.
- Oats - Oats contain a soluble fiber called beta-glucan, which can help relieve dry skin by trapping moisture and improving your dog's overall health.
- Sweet potatoes - Sweet potatoes are rich in vitamins, minerals, and beta-carotene. They have anti-inflammatory properties too that can help keep your dog's skin calm while they're growing their hair at a faster rate.
It's also super important that your dog gets their walks in! Regular exercise can help promote circulation in the skin and prevent clogged pores.
So if you want to achieve beautiful, lustrous fur on your dog, be sure to use high-quality grooming products regularly and take good care of your dog's overall health and well-being. With the right approach, you can help your furry companion achieve all their "fur goals"!
Leave a comment